Adams County Board Public Health & Safety Committee met Nov. 19.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
Overseeing the Sheriff, Emergency Management, Coroner and Animal Control.
Committee members present: Seldon Totch, Robert Reich and Becky Weed
Additional Attendees: Chris Sprague – Animal Warden
All bills were reviewed and appeared to be in order.
Our committee approved minutes of September 17, 2019 meeting.
Department / Representatives:
Sheriff Dept – Rich Wagner
• Jail population was 132 this day.
• Discussed Cat ordinance – recommended we add companion cat to the dog ordinance.
Chris Sprague and Rich Wagner are to contact Ryan Niekamp of Legislative and Judicial to give their recommendations for code.
Emergency Management – John Simon
• Requests for proposal for bid to update Hazard Mitigation plan. This would be contingent on getting a FEMA grant. To qualify for grant need to know cost. This was due December 8th.
Coroner — Report emailed
For the Month of October 2019
• There were 95 reported deaths.
• There were a total of five autopsies.
• There were two new unclaimed/indigent cremations.
• There were 46 cremation permits issued.
• There were an average of 36 cremations permits issued monthly this FY2019.
Our meeting adjourned at 7:30 pm.