Quincy Public School District 172 Board met Oct. 23.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Moment of silence/reflection
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Focus on Students – Good Things Going On!
a. Good News Report – Bob Gough
b. Baldwin PTA
5. Comments from the Public/Petitions and Appearances
6. Consent Agenda
a. Treasurer’s Report
b. Minutes – September 25 and September 30, 2019
c. Check Register and JH/SH Activity Fund Reports
d. Acknowledge receipt of the Freedom of Information Log: September 21 through October 18, 2019 (Information Only) None received
7. Reports of Superintendent/Staff
a. Drawing for United Way and QPS Foundation
b. Quincy Public Schools 172 participates in the federal E-rate program which is a program providing significant discounts on our building internet/data connections and services and for technology infrastructure. QPS is required to teach Internet Safety and to have Internet protection software in place to block access to harmful images. The District has both. QPS is required to acknowledge this in
a public meeting and to ask if there are any questions or concerns about Internet Safety. Please let us know of any questions.
c. Threat Assessment Team and Protocols
d. School Based Health Care (Mike Troup)
8. Reports of Standing Committees
a. Building Committee (specifically including but not limited to approval of bids and expenditure of funds relating to district properties and specifically including the following:)
2. 2020 Health Life Safety Work
b. District Improvement Committee
1. Consider/Approve Committee Members:
Dr. Gelinda McCarty
c. Finance Committee. (specifically including but not limited to approval of expenditures of district funds and the approval of bids for expenditure of district funds specifically including the following:)
1. 2019 Audit
d. Human Relations Committee
e. Policy Committee. (specifically including but not limited to approval of new policies and changes in existing policies and specifically including the following:)
9. New Business
10. Executive Session on the following subjects: a) the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the School District; b) collective negotiating matters between the School District and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees; c) the purchase or lease of real property for the use of the District; d) the setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the District; e) the sale or purchase of investments; f) emergency security procedures; g) student disciplinary cases; h) the placement of individual students in special education programs and other matters relating to individual students; i) pending, probable, or imminent litigation; j) attorney/client privilege; k) approval of certain closed session minutes for distribution to the public; or other matters appropriate for a closed meeting pursuant to the Open Meetings Act.
11. Resume Open Session.
12. Executive Session Matters: Approve any matter discussed in executive session as necessary and limited to those matters authorized for discussion in executive session by motion of the Board.
13. Personnel Addendum: (Specifically including but not limited to, the hiring, including non-contractual, contract approval, and contract amendment, release, discharge, discipline, transfer, resignation, and retirement of staff).