QUINCY MEDICAL GROUP: Summer is here!
Quincy Medical Group issued the following announcement on June 4.
It’s warm, gardens are planted, and there has never been a better reason to try new and exciting foods. Quinoa is so easy to cook and an underrated, high-protein whole-grain food. Pair it with veggies and a nice dressing for a meal or side dish the whole family can enjoy!
Summer Quinoa Salad
It is getting HOT! This time of year is absolutely amazing because there are so many fresh vegetables available and new things to try. This…
Prep Time: 15m
Cook Time: 20m
Total Time: 35m
Yield: 8 servings
For The Salad
1 1/2 cups Uncooked quinoa
2 1/2 cups Cups water
3/4 cup Feta cheese
1 1/2 cups Cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Red onion, diced
1 Red bell pepper, diced and seeded
1 Cucumber, diced and seeded
3/4 cup Kalamata olives, diced
1 cup Parsely, loosely packed and chopped
For the Dressing
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon Dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Place quinoa and water in medium pot, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Place cucumber, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, feta, olives, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa to bowl and stir.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Quincy Medical Group