CITY OF QUINCY: Highlights of Changes to Quincy's Solid Waste Collection
City of Quincy issued the following announcement on March 4.
Beginning May 1st, 2019, the following changes will be implemented to Quincy’s Solid Waste Collection program:
• The price for garbage will increase to $1.50 for a small bag (2 blue stickers or 1 red sticker) and $3.00 for a large bag over 16 gallons (4 blue stickers or 2 red stickers).
• The City will not order "red" stickers until the supply of blue stickers has been depleted.
• The price for the City garbage tote service will remains at $12.99 per month for a 96 gallon tote. Residents can sign up for the program by contacting the Department of Utilities at 217-228-4580. A one-time delivery fee of $60.00 will be charged for new customers. Bags inside a city garbage tote do not need a sticker.
• Residents who use more than 4 large bags a month will save money utilizing the garbage tote program versus the sticker program.
• ALL garbage bags, regardless of service provider, must be in a bin with a lid.
• Private haulers must identify their customers with their company’s name on the front of the trash containers they collect.
Opt-In Recycling Program:
• On May 1st, 2019 the City will switch to an opt-in recycling program.
• Residents may opt into the program by calling the Department of Utilities or by signing up at City Hall. Residents will need their utilities account password to sign-up over the phone.
• The cost is $5.00 a month to participate in the city’s recycling program.
• A resident’s first tote will be free. Residents can purchase one additional recycle tote for $7.00. (The monthly cost will remain the same.)
• Customers who opt-in prior to May 1st will have a new recycle tote delivered to their home. After that date residents can pick up their tote at city hall or one will be delivered to them.
• Residents may place their orange recycle tote next to their garbage and the City will collect it after May 1st.
• There is no change to what items are able to be recycled in the program. (Plastic containers bearing 1 or 2, tin food or beverage cans, newspapers, magazines, office paper, junk mail, corrugated cardboard, container board)
The Public Safety Fee of $4 a month charged to City of Quincy utilities customers within city limits will expire on May 1st, 2019.
For more information, please click the links below.
Original source can be found here.