Central Community Unit School District 3 Board met June 20.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The Board of Education met at 7:00 p.m. on June 20, 2019, for their regular meeting at Central High School located in Camp Point.
Following the prayer and pledge, President Marlow called the meeting to order. The fifth/sixth grade Science Teacher Jesse Jones was introduced. Her sixth grade students did a presentation for the board on “Which Energy Resource is best for the United States.
Students Christian Miles, Karly Peters and Macie Lierly concluded that Hydro Electric Power is the best resource, while Afton Beckman, Layla Stewart and Caroline Ehrhardt concluded that Wind Turbines would be the best resource. The board thanked them for their presentation.
President Marlow asked if there were any questions and/or comments from the public. Hearing none, the meeting continued.
The current agenda was approved.
Action by Consent Agenda The following was approved as presented:
• May 16, 2019, Board Minutes
• June Bills
• Treasurer’s Report
Committee Action Items
• The roofing job at the high school is almost complete.
• Damaged floor tile in the junior high has been replaced.
• Work will begin soon in the boy’s restroom in the high school to replace plumbing and update the restroom.
• There was over $100,000 in damage at the high school from the storm this past month. Items have been submitted to our insurance and we are getting bids to fix the damage.
• A motion was approved to accept the parking lot bid for the high school from Gunn Construction. This will give us more parking in front of the junior/senior high school.
• The new board was updated on the wrestling room project. The Wrestling Task Force has raised close to $88,000. The board discussed other options to possibly get the project moving forward.
• None at this time.
• Mr. Cook reviewed the budget summary with the board. The district will end the fiscal year approximately $130,000 in the black.
• The final amended budget for the 2018-2019 school year was approved.
• The next meeting will be when school resumes.
• Board member Ippensen commented on the summer solutions program that Middle School Principal, Chevi Ingalls has implemented this summer. He felt it has been good and will keep students engaged over the summer.
Old Business • A “thank you” note was received from the family of Elizabeth Paxton for the memorial that was given.
• Committee assignments for board members:
Building – Chris Marlow
Policy – Ben Hamilton, Chris Marlow
Finance –Diane Hughes, Jason Ippensen
Curriculum – Devin Hildebrand, Kindel Kestner
New Business • The board retained the legal services of Attorney David Penn of Schmiedeskamp, Robertson,
Neu & Mitchell for the 2019-20 school year.
• The board approved the Consolidated District Plan for the Illinois State Board of Education.
• The board approved Erica Smith authorization for fiduciary responsibilities and signatures on the district checking accounts.
Superintendent Report • Mr. Cook discussed the health insurance renewal for the 2019-2020 school year. There will be a slight decrease in rates.
• President Marlow and incoming Superintendent Erica Smith presented Superintendent Martin Cook with a plaque, thanking him for his years of service to our district.
Superintendent Cook will be retiring June 30, 2019.
Administrative Building Reports • There are no building reports for June.
• Held at 8:41 p.m. and returned to open session at 9:31 p.m.
Personnel Addendum (approved as presented)
Resignation of Staff
|Larry Flint||Bus Driver||5-23-2019|
|Breanne Pelker||High School Art Teacher & Assistant Junior High Softball Coach||5-29-2019|
|Betty Allen||Bus Monitor||5-31-2019|
|Paige Mueller||K-6 Music||6-10-2019|
|Rebekah Kean||7th/8th Social Studies Teacher||8-19-2019|
|Rebecca Askew||5th/6th Social Studies Teacher||8-19-2019|
|Jenny Peters||Assistant JH Softball||2018-2019|
Reassignment of Staff:
Available Employee Positions:
|High School Custodian|
|HS/MS Special Ed|
|MS Special Ed|